Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmightyset

Technical User
Oct 19, 2005
GB
Hi

I administer a SMS 2003 SP1 server. I frequently run SMS reports to find out which machines have certain software installed, but would like to take that a bit further and have a report that i will run every month which tells me all the software installed on all machines in the past month

Any held anyone can give me would be great!

Cheers

Ash

I made one of those once that looked for the 10008 code (which means a sucessful install) so that said, it was for a client i dont have access to any longer..... I'll try to re-create for you today sometime.

I had it setup to show all installed by day/week/month/quarter/

can you not just create the report you want, copy the URL, make a shortcut, paste the URL into the execution box, create a windows schedule to run every month. Tadarh!

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Thanks for the replies. I could schedule the report the way you sugest but the problem is more that i don't know how to make the report in the first place. The report needs to include only software installed in a specific timeframe i.e. last month.

Tim will probably beat me to it, if i get a spare minute, i'll hack a SQL statement together for you. Tims better at SQL than me anyway :)

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Hmmm I still havent had a chance to go through this....

me neither, been back home in england all easter.

Neil J Cotton
njc Information Systems
Systems Consultant

Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm looking for something along the same lines. I actually would love to see a report that compares audits between months to see what software was installed or uninstalled during the month.

I'd be tickled to receive a report that just showed installed! I'm not technically oriented but work w/ folks who are...I just have to maintain license compliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back