Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software for laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrake61

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
My terminal went out last week and when Avaya came they hooked their laptop to the terminal connection. My question is as follows: Is there a place that I can download the software or can I telnet to the definity system. I have a G3 ver. 8 system

You need terminal software. Avaya has had Terranove, ASA and DSA. If you don't have one of those you need something that will emulate an att513, 715, 4410 or 4425. Procomm will do the att4410. You can also use VT220, but unless you map the keys it is very awkward.

Also if you happen to have someone in your company that has CrossTalk it will also emulate a 513...works well also, Just a thought

I use hyperterminal here are the settings

bps - 9600
db - 8
pa - no
sb- 1
fc - xon

chose your com port also once your in chose your terminal type

Jake

Jake6758
What type of terminal should I use. When I use the VT100, the keyboard works but I can't save any changes I make. Please help me out. I would have asked sooner but I didn't need it until now. Our terminal went out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back