Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software for firmware upgrade. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

george04

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2003
CO
Where I can find a free software utility in order to upgrade my 3300 and 4400 switches.
Thanks

3Com's website (where you got the firmware from) has a TFTP Server utility. It is called 3CDaemon and also has other stuff built in - FTP Server, TFTP Server/Client and SYSLOG Server.

Andy

I will have to upgrade more than 150 switches (3300 and 4400) but first I need to know which firmware version they have and then I want to schedule a massive firmware upgrade for all of then. Someone knows a software utility??

There is a bulk upgrade facility available in the Advanced version of 3Com Network Supervisor. With 150 switches, if you have HP Openview there is an integration kit available which provides similar bulk upgrade ability.

Also available is the SUU (Serial upgrade utility) this is also the method for software recovery. It's a little bit slower than TFTP, but it much better for doing individual units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back