Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software for call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBG

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
US
I have to setup a callcenter and i have a Definity g3 system
Can anyone recommend a software program. I will need to monitor all incomming calls. I was thinking of bcms vu. Does anyone know what this might cost?

Keith

BCMS Vu is probably the cheapest of the options. We have it here but are runinning into limitations of what we can get via reporting. It is very basic and not great if you are looking to get detailed break down of agents/splits. For instance if you have an agent logged into more than one queue/split/hunt it totals the time for all the hunts the agent is logged into for auto-in, aux work and after call and it makes it hard to get specific info for that agent. We are actually looking to upgrade into CMS and some call accounting software since our finance department is interested in actually getting specific call info- duration to whom etc. I can pass you along some account rep info if you need. All our upgrade proposals included upgrading to v9 from a v6 and adding a cabinet and clan card plus the software so I am unable to provide you with a broken down quote.
-Jay
Good luck

thanks for the reply.

Do you have a cost on the CMS software. Do you have ACD
with your system or is that what the software is. I am not
to familiar with how all this works together.

Thanks
Keith

CMS is a complete platform that runs on a Unix system, costs are also depending on the authorisation of the system by Avaya. Pricing I don't have a clue.
BCMSVu on the other hand is an application that runs on a Windows NT4 SP6 or W2k PC for the server. You can run the client as well on the server or on a W95-, or W98-, W2k-platform.
As previous mentioned BCMSVu is pretty basic for more detailed reporting you have to take a step to the higher level as the CMS, but this higher level also expresses itself in the price.

In the switch as well it must be configured in the system customer-options before you can use any of the two systems.
So this also needs probably some authorisation.

So far I did installations for both the systems, but pricing has never come to my ear.

Hope this helps..
John

Keith,
If you can email me, I will give you a contact number/email of a good account rep and you can talk to him. He was able to undercut most other Avaya reps I talked to. His company's programing charges were a little high in some areas but the physical equipment was less.

-Jay
jnatoli@nymi.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back