Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

agianduso

MIS
Apr 19, 2002
US
How can I configure SMS to distribute a package to a client and not have the client open up the advertisment window to start the install.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,
When I distribute packages I always set them to run hidden and define them to be mandatory.
I do not think that the APM shows up with these settings (although I am not quite sure)....

Chris

Thank you Chris. Now my question is how do I set them to run hidden and define them to be mandatory?

Thanks,

Tony

Create & advertise the package from a collection i.e. right click on the collection, all tasks, distribute sofware. Follow the various steps choosing no user intervention, package can run whether user is logged on or off. Select yes when asked to assign program. This causes the package to become mandatory. If they are logged on I think they will still get a message saying the package is about to run. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back