Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Developement for IP Office/VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTVilla

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
IL
Does anyone know of a thrid party that would be able to customize VM Pro so that we can forward a voicemail that we've recieved to the rest of the company?

And fix it so that when forwarding a voicemail, it lets you deal with the message you forwarded instead of just putting the message into saved messages on moving to the next without any kind of prompt?

Please help me, the owner of the company wants to ship the entire IP Office system back to our vendor.

Here are the steps to program a Group VMail box.

1. Create a user profile named "GroupBox" (or whatever you want the group box to be named) and give it an extension number, say 400
2. Create a short code that will point to that users mail box. #400 "Short Codes.400GroupBox" Voicemail Collect
3. Reboot the IP Office, and then Restart the VoiceMail Pro service on the Vmail PC. They must be done in that order.
4. In vmail pro create a short code start point as stated above. (Short Codes.400Groupbox)
5. Next insert a leave mail action. Under the specific tab enter the group box extension number. (400)
6. In the success field of the leave mail action connect a generic action. In the specific field on the generic action,
key in the following (with "X" being the Extensions that the vmail will be forwarded to) Example is case sensitive.
FWD:X#X#X##
7. In the above example, the FWD: is the command, X = the extension number, # means that there is another extension also,
and ## means that the command is now terminated.
8. Log onto box 400 and set a password, record the name. Record a greeting if desired.
9. Keep in mind that you are limited to how many Extensions you can forward the voicemail. You only have 128 characters that you may enter. The number of extensions you can enter depends on how many digits are in your extension numbers.
10. Also keep in mind that you are leaving a message to the group box, and the group box is doing the forwarding of voice mail messages to the other users
personal mailbox. This means you must log onto the group box mailbox and delete the message at some point.

Hope this helps

Board4aLiving [cannon]

Thanks a lot!

I'll give it a shot.

We already have a short code set up to send a new voicemail to a group, but the owner of our company is insistant that we be able to forward to a group. He is upset because our old Merlin system did it and he refuses to believe that Avaya would not keep features in their newer systems. And I must say that I agree with that on some level.

It didn't work. It said delivery scheduled, but nothing appeared in the VM boxes. It tested again with only two extensions and it still didn't work.

Could it been anything that I did wrong?

You might want to consider using voicemail email. On the voicemail server, ensure you have Outlook v2k or above, or Outlook express.

When user or a group receives a vm, this could then be copy/forwarded to a group email address.

I wonder if you could use the edit play list in VM Pro for your group VM, Hummmm you still have to get the Voice mail to play so it can become the .wav in the edit play list that’s forwarded to a generic action that has all the ext’s. Sorry I’m just thinking out loud
If I think of anything I’ll let you know.

Check the VM Pro Examples Job Aid - it details this setup completly.

Where do I find the VM Pro Examples Job Aid?

It should be on your IP Office Document CD, if not I could e-mail it to you

I only have the V1.3 CD. I currently use 1.4(25).

This is what I have to choose from in Job Aids:
-Centralized Voicemail Pro
-DTE Port Maintenance
-Phone Manager Notes
-Transaction Pad Configuration
-Conferencing
-eConsole & eBLF Notes
-Monitor
-Example Monitor Settings
-Remote Access
-Small Community Networking
-Language Switching in Voicemail Pro
-Using a Dedicated T1/PRI PPP ISP Link
-Connecting an IP600 and IP Office via H.323. IP Trunk

I think I found the one IPGuru was talking about. We actually have that one set up and use it to forward messages that need to go to the entire company.

What I need is one that forward a voicemail from your VM box to a group without having to program the group every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back