Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

software deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2005
US
I am trying to deploy software on a windows 2000 server and not having success. I have my msi files in a shared folder. Can I save my msi files on the same server as active directory? I got this error message "Cannot verify path is a network location. If this package is not availabe from a network share, clients will not be able to install it. Are you sure you want to deploy this package using this path?"

My main question is where is the best place to save msi files for software deployment.

I would appreciate any ideas.

thanks,

Hi.

What path are you using, it should be UNC path? Is the folder that its in shared? It really doesn't matter where you put the msi as long as the folder is shared.

An example would be \\MYSERVER01\Sharename\myapp.msi

FRCP

and be sure to put all the files required in this share, not just the msi file.

Aftertaf
if its not broken, fix it anyway - with luck you might break it and have an excuse

test your share first by navigating to it via UNC syntax... make sure your install works fine.

then check you have set correct permissions too.

Aftertaf
if its not broken, fix it anyway - with luck you might break it and have an excuse

I had success this morning deploying software to remote pc's. Thanks for all the help.

Have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back