Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Compatibility with W7

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno74

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
Greetings!

I have a list of software that is pretty obscure that I need to test for Windows 7 compatibility. I found Micorsoft's DB, but I was wondering if anyone else knew of another site that may have this data for lesser known titles, possibly of the higher education genre.

Thanks!!!!

- Dan

You could also try the Vista Compatibility site, assuming, perhaps falsely, that if it runs in Vista it will run in Windows 7. The advantage being that the Vista site has a bit more history than the Windows 7 site.

There are some possible ways and means of getting older programs to work if you want to ask that type of question?

You would have to supply machine specs and program details.

I've been going to the vendor sites and doing google searches. It's been a pain, but plugging along. We'd rather not visit having to make special procedures to run specific software, when it's old and should be replaced anyhow with something that both the vendor and our department can effectively support. So a good opportunity to clean house.

Thanks for your reply, the Vista site is a good idea, but I need more "official" word unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back