Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software Assurance - Price Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

roundaboutrc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2015
US
Hello All,

This is more of a query then an issue. We are due for our Software Assurance renewal on our 3300. We last paid for our SA in 2013 so we received a quote from our Vendor for the renewal and it is double what we paid in 2013. We do have a maintenance agreement with our vendor that the price on it remained about the same. I understand that the SA is a Mitel Product/Requirement so I understand the base price is set from Mitel. I brought up my concerns of the increase to our vendor and the response was that Mitel had done a market analysis and found that they were lower then others in the market so they had done a price increase. I am taken aback that Mitel would do a 100% increase, so I am requesting some feedback. Am I getting a "line" from our Vendor or have others seen this as well. Is there another vendor on here that corroborate or debunk this?

You are being given a line.

That being said, what may have happened is that they may have undercharged you previously. There is a cost to the vendor and a recommended resale value. I've seen it happen that quotes accidentally go out with the cost. Due to your agreement, they had no recourse but to eat it.

I can give you a ballpark on a 3300 quite quickly. How many user licenses do you have?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for response kwbMItel

We are at 4 cabinets
1st-210 SipTrunks
2nd-120 SipTrunks
3rd-273 IPUsers & 155 ACD Agents
4th-As a Spare
2 Mitel Boarder Gateway's
NuPoint Standard
Oyasis(100 Ports)

Well, I can't estimate that much detail.

Is your quote broken down by system or do you just have a bottom line?

Your 4 MCD's should look something like this. Remember this is ballpark.
[pre]
1 - Approx $200CDN | $160US | 150 Euro
2 - Approx $200CDN | $160US | 150 Euro
3 - Approx $6000CDN | $4775US | 4400 Euro
4 - Approx $200CDN | $160US | 150 Euro[/pre]

The MBG's would be relatively cheap

The Nupoint depends on licensing but still not too bad

The biggest question mark is the Oaisis. I suspect this is the reason for the bump as Mitel only recently bought Oaisis and this would not have been included in previous quotes. Software assurance would not have applied previously.

These numbers that you gave are pretty much inline with our 2013 numbers. We have the bottom line except for the Oyasis which we are at around 3K USD for it.

That being the case, someone has some 'splainin to do.

If your SWA expired without renewal for too long then you will also be charged a re-enlistment penalty which can be 50% of the price.

Yes, this is true and I definitely should have thought of that.

If expired there is a 50% surcharge for the first year to re-enlist.

Add the Oaisis and things start looking pretty reasonable to double the 2013 values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back