Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software & Hardware suggestions for restaurant/bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

liftn

Vendor
Jan 11, 2004
US
Looking for software for the restaurant/bar industry, table dining and pizza delivery. Please give any suggestions and values and drawbacks. Please be honest without trying to sell "your" product. Some of the software I was looking into was, Aloha, ASI Restaurant Manager, DigitalDining, System3POS & dinerware. All in one manufacturers that I was looking into are Belview and Touch Dynamics. I am open to all suggestions and feedback.

Thanks

liftn

I would take Touch Dynamics over Bellview any day. I posted a thread a while back on Bellview issues I was having. We currently push either IBM surepos 532 or the Posiflex 5700\5800 for all in one hardware and T-Dynamics for the notebook size PC with monitor. For software I service Aloha and reccomend it. My company use to do Restaurant Manager and there wasn't anything major wrong with it. But we didn't like the credit card setup, it had to use some specific hardware, and there seem to be quite a few extra steps to doing shift checkouts and what nots.
Again RM is not a bad software but Aloha is better than it. System3 don't know much. And Digital Dinning is Aloha competition in my area. I have been told by restaurant managers that Aloha is the best they have seen in a high speed bar enviroment.
Are you a restaurant owner. If so, two big things on buying a turnkey POS systems are the Dealer, and the cost of his extended contracts, and of course the features that you need from the system. Delivery interfaces cost extra.
Ask for references and call them and invite yourself over for a meet and greet.
I am sure someone will jump in and give you some info on system3 and I'll be happy to help with any aloha specific questions.

any of those software products will probably do the job..go with the Touch Dynamics hardware..heat pipe cooled product is designed for harsh restaurant environment.

Try to get software that will run on generic hardware. This will make life easier for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back