Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeeyes1978

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
AU
Hi there.

I want to be able to monitor when a user is connected to the network with a softphone. Is there any easy way to do this?

how do you mean ... for call accounting or listen in?

Explain what you mean by Monitor.

The is a Monitor program in the BCM so you can watch traffic.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Well, I basically just want to know when a user is connected to the Network with a Softphone.

For example, I have 5 remote users who connect via a softphone and I want to be able to bring up a page at 9am that shows me whether they are connected to the Nortel Network with the softphone or not.

No there isn't any thing like that, the closest your going to get is using the BCM Monitor program to see if they are active.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

you can look and see if the ip set is online or not. Don't know which system you have but assuming it's a BCM50 running 2.0, you can go into the resources tab, then click on ip terminals and sets, then select the ip terminal details tab. In there, you will see which registered phones are online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back