Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Running IPO ver 11 Essential Edition

What is needed to add a softphone to the system?

Thanks.

A Power User license for starters. This'll allow you to enable Softphone and Communicator for the User.

Except for a Basic User, a Preferred Edition system license is a prerequisite for any user profile licenses. So it isn't available for an essential addition.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Don't get a Power User license. As stated, with essential, you need the Softphone license. I have only set it up with clients using a VPN so not sure how well it works otherwise. It does work well though with a VPN.

I have the softphone license installed but when I go to Enable Softphone on the user the option is greyed out?

What am I missing?

We upgraded to 11.0.4.3.0 build 3

Under user: Enable Softphone is still greyed out for the user we setup. Enable Desktop/VoIP VoIP client is available. So we have that checked.

I have the Avaya Workspace Client installed on my laptop.

I don't even know if we're on the right the right track here. Apparently for Workspace we have to setup a domain and certificate. I expected this to be much less complicated. I just want to point a softphone to an IP address. We only need one.

I am working with a BP but I'm not sure I have a lot of confidence in the tech.

Enable softphone will remain greyed out. You need to just have Enable Remote Worker checked. I have this set-up with Equinox working well.

Thanks for your help Telecomboy.

I am able to get the softphone working inside the office but not from outside.

I am using a MIP on the Firewall so any packets coming from my laptop's IP address are forwarded to the IPO no matter the port.

I've tried with and without SIP ALG.

Not sure what to try next?

you will need to enable SIP remote ext on the IPO lan which you are using to register. Configure the network topology properly. enable keep alive and enable remote worker for the user.

Also the extension needs to be set-up as a SIP extension or it won't work.

That is correct. If basic user with softphone license, SIP Ext is needed. If power user license used then no sip ext needed.

Perfect. It is working now.

The only thing that I wonder is why I cannot park calls? I can place on hold, transfer and merge but Park is greyed out?

In Avaya IX™ Workplace Client IP Office, the Call Park feature is supported using short codes. To
use this feature, your administrator must configure short codes in IP Office Web Manager or IP
Office Manager. For information about short codes, see Administering Avaya IP Office™ Platform
with Web Manager or Administering Avaya IP Office™ Platform with Manager.

Add a short code, like *72X / Call Park / N / 0
While on a call, in the field where you normally type in a telephone number to call, type in *721 and press Enter. IX will do a blind transfer to Park Slot 1.

This is so stupid, because you have no visual indication of which Park slots are available, so if you pick a code that is already in use you will get an error message and need to try again.

Thanks,

I used short codes as you suggested and then created a directory entry [P1 - Park 1 / *37*1#], [UP1 - Unpark 1 / *38*1#]

Now user just types P1 enter or UP1 enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back