Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

h382

Vendor
Aug 9, 2005
US
I have to say, I am impressed with the new Software. The interface is nice and clean, the setup is easy, and just overall a great app from what I can tell so far. Granted I've only been using it for 20 minutes.

However. There are some things I'd like to see, and maybe they are in the works. Maybe it already has these features and I haven't come across them yet.

1. The ability to have multiple video chats going on at once. Think of a video conference call.

2. The ability to integrate a chat client ie. Yahoo, MSN, AIM, etc.

3. The ability to chat to other softphone users. Maybe you already can, but I'm only using 1 license right now. I know you could always open up One-X Portal to accomplish that. Would be nice for an all in one.

Anyone else have any improvements they'd like to see implemented?

1. No not possible at the moment.

2. No.

3. Only possible with 1XP which can be used with the softphone instead of a hardphone.

ACS IP Office
APSS IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
APSS UC
ACA - Voice Services Management

can i upgrade my ip office from version 5.0 to version 6.0

If you have a lot of Avaya IP Phones it will cost a lot more than the upgrade license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back