Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

szpuni

Technical User
Feb 12, 2008
IE
Hi Lads,

I`m playing with the phone manager with softphone option.

I`ve heard that I can use the softphone instead of the live extension, I mean if I log on through softphone on my ext, then Extension is loged out and I can make a calls from my computer.

This part is working, but the problem is I can`t dial out, and the error message is saying:

Failed to register with IP Office for VOIP Operation!

Any ideas?

Have u choosen Phone Manager Type to PM PC Softphone(Manager -> User -> Phone Manager Options)?

In Phone Manager u have to Enable VoIP (View -> Preferences -> Phone Manager)

U'll need a license for it. called "audio enabled"

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Well this is done from the begining ;)
I have a licence for it as well.

I remember the older version on 4.1 and the problem was we couldn`t log on as the existing extension.

Any more ideas?
In older version I had to check in field in extensions to Enable Fast Start for non-Avaya IP phones to get it working.

But with this version this is no help

What is the existing extension? Digital or IP?

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I`m using IP phone and IP extension

just create a new extension, called soft phone, set phone manager pro with audio enabled, make sure ports are open and that should be it.

on the ip extension enable faststart and disable direct media path
in pmproip enable voip wrrking and then enable faststart and confirm ip address

Hi Guys, just a quick thought are your using this soft phone on a existing extension that already has a phone plugged in it.

Log it off 1st. I have had this issue when trying to log onto a Phone Manager Pro Soft Phone user while a physical extension is still logged on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back