Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone - Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

element4749

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2010
US
Has anyone had any issues logging into softphone on Win7? The app installs fine, however it throws back the error message of "Unable to connect to server"

The connectivity is fine, as I can ping the IPO from the machine. Same account logs in just fine on an XP machine.

Make sure firewalls are not getting in the way, that's often the case :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

yeah i would check the old firewall, i'm running it win 7 64bit without any issues

BCM/CS1K/IPOffice/Cisco CUCM & CUCME Engineer

Its completely off unfortunately... this is making no sense whatsoever... its coming down to wireshark captures which is ridiculous.

Not just Windows firewall, most AV these days acts like a firewall and blocks stuff, try disabling that (if present) to test :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Agreed, However I'm connected on the same LAN/subnet of the IPO that I am trying to connect to.

I'm starting to think .NET framework issues maybe? Windows 7 has that "Turn Windows Features On or Off" area, the .NET 3.5 is selected, so I am not sure if I need a reinstall or what.

May be .net or something like that, but even on the same LAN I have had AV block Soft Console and Phone Manager etc. It is something on that PC, but troubleshooting Windows isn't easy :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

I have seen it.
Build a H.323 extension with the same extension number as the user who want's to use the softphone.
See what happens :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I reinstalled .NET framework and it worked. I appreciate all of the ideas - That was a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back