Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone over VPN through a Cisco ASA 5510

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaniello

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2004
US

Has anyone successfully used the IP Office Softphone to make VOIP calls from a PC connected via a VPN to a Cisco ASA 5510 through Cisco's VPN client software?

The Softphone is able to login, but I am not getting any audio when I make an outbound call. I know the VOIP extension is configured correctly because it works while I am in the office (on a different PC).

If anyone has any pointers on how to get this configuration working I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

V/

You might check to see if the Cisco h323 fixup is on. It needs to be off of the softphone to work.

The H323 fixup doesn't seem to be on by default on the Cisco ASA. I know it is on the PIX, since I ran into a similar problem, but as far as I can tell this isn't turned on the ASA.

If you're running your softphone on WinXP SP2 over VPN using PPTP you must uninstall "QoS Packet Scheduler" for your network settings. Just unchecking it wont do, it must be uninstalled.

I am using WinXP SP2, but I am not using PPTP. I am using IPSec through a Cisco ASA.

V/

Are you getting any sound, like only on inbound or one-way?

No, no sound at all. Also, inbound calls don't seem to be making it to the Softphone. Even though the Softphone doesn't give me an error I do not think the IP Office detects that the Softphone is connected.

V/

Do you have "Confirm VOIP IP Adress" checked in Preferences -> Audio Tab

I tried it with both the Confirm VOIP IP address option check and unchecked. Both didn't work.

V/

Does the softphone work if you are directly connected to the IPO, I would suggets that you test this incase your issue is sound card related.

ipo.gif

"Launching late 2006

Yes, it does. I tried using the same laptop I use in the office, where the Softphone works for VOIP calls, through the VPN on the ASA 5510 and it does not work through the VPN.

V/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back