Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

softphone issue with version 9.0.1.0.845

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi there

I am trying to set up my softphone for wireshark testing (read as trying not to look like an idiot on site).

I have set everything up correctly, but when I try to log in I get "unknown error". I am downloading the admin CD from avaya, but was wondering if anyone has run into this issue before?

What version of softphone are you folks using?

Regards

I'm on IPO R 9.0.1.0.845 running Softphone version 3.2.3.49.68975 and it works fine. I've seen minor software level mismatches cause more issues with R8.1 and R9 so you might want to check that first.

Also, if this is the first time provisioning Softphone in your environment don't forget the system level changes you have to make (I think one is HTTP Provisioning, but consult the KB to make sure).

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Remove it and then "Run as Administrator"

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Hi there...

Got it working. I used the softphone off of the cd, which didn't work. However, when I went and downloaded the Admin program from the support.avaya.com site, and used it, it worked just fine.

I'm not sure why, but after using that version, which has the same name, the softphone came up.

Mayhaps a slight difference in programming?

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

the 9.0.845 and the 9.0.829 use Softphone 3.2.3.49 DEV 68975

the 8.1 version uses Softphone 3.2.3.48 DEV 67009 so if you took the softphone from the 8.1 admin CD then it will not work

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thanks for the response, but I did use the softphone off of the 9.0.x admin.

The one off of the 9.0.x CD didn't like my computer (windows xp) but the one I downloaded did..

(meh)

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back