Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone for IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereklindo

Technical User
May 5, 2012
BM
IP Office Rel 9.1.8

I have read a few threads in the forum and haven't quite got a clear answer.

I would like to add a softphone to IPO Rel 9.1.8 or Rel 10.
To confirm, I need the following correct:

Preffered Edition License
Power User License
& Softphone License (or are just the first two needed)

From what I've read, Avaya Softphone is discontinued and has been replaced by Avaya Communicator for Rel 9.1 or later. If you go to Avaya Support to download Communicator you are presented with 4 options; Ver 2.0, 2.1, 3 or 3.1. Most would think to go with the new Ver 3.1. This downloads and is marketed as Equinox. It is my understanding that Equinox does not work with IP Office (as of yet). So should I be downloading Ver 2.1?

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Anything I missed?

Thanks

Derek

Power user is enough. Use the communicator software for this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You should download Communicator from the IP Office section on support.avaya.com

Equinox will work on IPO (think it used a 3rd party license) but it will only work as a basic softphone, no presence and so on.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

If you are already running Essential Edition you do not need to go on preferred edition if you only need softphone functionality you can choose from the following MAC/PC suggestion based on version 9 for version 10 there are different part codes.

339093 IP OFFICE R9.1 VIDEO SOFTPHONE FOR MAC ADI LIC:CU
275663 IP OFFICE R9+ SOFTPHONE ADI LIC:DS

When you use the above licences you can run the Avaya Communicator.

Great. Thanks guys.

So just to confirm. I only need a Power User license and a Softphone license to get a softphone to work on Essential Edition?

janni78,
Maybe thats my problem. I was searching Communicator in the Support section. I'll try searching IP Office and then downloading Communicator from there. Thanks.

Derek

No, power user is enough.
You will need to use the Communicator for IPO.
The other one called softphone is not supported anymore in 10.0 and maybe even 9.1(cannot remeber)so do not even go that route.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Time to post this again =)

licenseCommunicator_vwekei.jpg

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

So I upgraded a customers site last night from 8.1.85 to 10.0.3. We then discovered softphone didn't work and loaded Avaya Communicator.
Seems to be working but I thought I would share a couple of screen shots, the 2nd screen is the Monitor SIP phone status and it says its using an Avaya Softphone license, but yet when I look at the licenses there is no license that is labeled Softphone.
Capture1_olvl5u.png
URL]

The end is near!

Use communicator for web. Available on the google chrome store or install the plugin for IE. Works much better in Chrome though. User would have to be a power user.

NTSDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back