Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickotrompke

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
US
I have 2 linked IPO one in California and one in Maryland. I can connect from my laptop to the IPO in california and make calls. When I try to connect to my local (MD) IPO I get the error Fail to register with IP Office. Obviously if I can connect to california it isn't a pc issue. Any suggestions. MD 4.1.(9) Ca 3.2 (55) softphone 4.1.14

Maybe the option verify ipadres (or something like that) is checked
It is right above "faststart"

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for the idea, I just tried verify ip and faststart in both option checked and unchecked with no change. Still get error Fail to register with IP Office

I had this too this week and i remember i had forced login enalbed
When unchecked it worked
I did not have the time to find out why it did not work

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

With regard to forced login I have found that half the time I have to login to PMP soft phone at least once without the option selected then log out and enable forced login (assuming I need to be a CCC agent) and then soft phone will launch successfully from that point on. Also having a login code doesn't seem to work with soft phone but if anyone else out there has found a way to make that work let me know. Hasn't been an issue since you can always use PMP to control the base extension and log the phone in/out without a login code anyway.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

thanks, I just checked and forced login is NOT checked.

You have created an IP extension on the Maryland system haven't you?

likewise the Maryland system has a VCMs and a softphone licence.

I;d think hard about upgradeing th MD site to be on the same version as CA. There will be issues with PM trying to connect to different versions

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Both systems have the two licences required for softphone operation. As well as VCM. The 2 site communicate fine to each other if I call from a 5410 from either side. I can connect to the CA IPO 3.2 using PM 4.1 works great. when I try to connect to MD IPO 4.1 using PM 4.1 I get the Fail to register with IP Office error. From the same laptop. In each location I created the ext and user manually. There is no ccc. There is a ip 5610 on the MD system working fine.

Just to add both user are given softphone permissions.

It would seem odd that it works with 3.2 and not 4.1 if this were the issue but did you read Tech Tip 187?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Problem solved!!! after deleting a recreating ext and user for the 8th time it worked... Thanks everyone for yor help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back