Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone connecting but no audio (either way) on incoming calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erpet

Vendor
Feb 23, 2012
US
Good morning and happy Monday. I have an IP office 500 v2 with about 10 softphones for road warriors. When working on the road they work fine however when in the office they can receive calls but no audio in either direction. When placing a call everything is fine but when receiving calls audio is non existant. I tested incoming on POTS and SIP trunks as well as internal calls all with the same results. System is IPoffice 500 v2 software is version 10(44).

If they use the same address for both scenarios that will probably be the issue, many routers don't like traffic routing out and back in on itself (tromboning) or do they change the address to the internal address when in the office, either way it's a routing/network issue :)

I understand it has to be a network issue any ideas how to correct the issue? The offsite people connect through vpn and on site through either wired or wireless. What network issue would cause incoming calls to connect but audio to fail? the calls are terminated just no audio in either direction. originated calls work just fine it's only incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back