Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone and VPN PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conno

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
Has anyone been able to deploy a softphone on a laptop/pc that was connected to their network via VPN?

Is there another way of using the softphone ?

You need a connection to the network otherwise it will not work

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes I have successfully done this - I have done it with a Netgear DGFV338 and the netgear Prosafe client installed on the laptop.

In fact I have that on my laptop now with a client set up to two of our sites to allow me to make test calls off their system if need be.

yeah i use a softphone when im working from home over my broadband with a standard windows vpn. works well

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Tom, we also use std. windows vpn going through an ISA server. Do you split your voice and data between separate VLANs?

Also works thru Cisco VPN client.

Avaya_Red.gif

nope. no vlans on our network

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Yep, use IP PMPRO through the Cisco VPN client (from an Eee PC, BTW). The firewall is an ASA. Works pretty well.

Drew

Also works nicely via a Juniper SSL VPN...

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back