Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SoftConsole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2002
GB
Using an IP500 and soft console. We used to have an old Alchemy system which allowed our reception to automatically show a list of calls waiting (all be it in little blue squares). Our current Avaya setup doesn’t show how many calls could be potentially waiting and will only show another call when they hang up, so we never know when we could should end another call. The system also doesn’t show the other caller that doesn’t tell the caller they are waiting, it just carries on ringing for them. My supplier doesn't know how to fix the problem. Thanks.

Point the incoming calls to a group with queueing turned on

Add the receptionist to the that group as the only user (overflow to others if required)

Then in SC look at Tools -> Preferences -> QueueMode

delete the existing one and add the group set up in the first step

You will thne see a white block for each call that is queueing.

On version 4 youu can configure announcements for queueing from the Announcement tab on Manager (you habve more control than was available in 3.2)

It is that easy.

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

The settings already seemed to be setup and still weren't doing anything. Is deleting it and recreating it going to fix it?

What Matt says is correct, you should get the queue graph in soft console if you have followed his advice to the letter.

If you aint seeing it you have not done it correctly me thinks.

I am, not aware of any bugs regarding this.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

The queue bar in the centre of the screen shows calls waiting but you won't hear them. What I do is put the receptionist into the group and enable call waiting to the group. Her phone will now ring for a second call and show the caller id on screen.

Remember that the operation of hunt group call waiting was changed/broken in 4.0.10. There is a PB to fix it or wait for maint release.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back