Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SOE as a squared out system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Okay folks, I have an SOE that the customer wants to see his 3 CO lines on the phones. This is no problem. The problem comes when the receptionist answers a call and puts it on hold...it doesn't show up as "on hold elswhere" on the other extensions, it shows up as the line is being used. The trunk can not be picked up either, except from the console. Did I miss something? I posted earlier about upgrading the SOE from it's out of box 2.0. The general consensus was just take to 3.1. I was concerned about the loaders, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue. Well there you have it, all help is always appreciated!!!

Bill

One more thing...what is the downgrade procedure? Just incase you guys suggest that I go to 2.1 then do the 2.99 loader and then to 3.0 and then to 3.1. I don't want to do this but if it makes the system (that everyone tells me works like a champ)work as a squared out system, then the customer (who fears change) will be happy...and as much as we hate to admit it...that is the ultimate goal!
thanks again folks!

Going straight to V3.1 will noyt have caused anuy problems

currently your receptionist has 3 call aperance buttons, these are dedicated to her phone.
for everyone the see the lines in use & go back to using the IPO as a key system you will need to programm up Line aperance keys on ach phone to monitor the physical lines (Note Line aperance is not suitable fo9r DDI working)

IPGuru,
The programming was done with line app. on each digital phone. Like I said the Recep. puts a call on hold on line 1 and you go to another phone (5410) it shows line 1 being used, not "on hold Elsewhere". I had a buddy set it up in his shop with the same version and his worked right off no problems....am I missing something???

Hold or park.

If you put a call on hold its basically an exclusive hold. You should park the call instead. You can then pick up the parked call.

Make a park button on the phone.

You may be able to do like you are trying if the buttons are truely line appearances and not just appearance buttons.

There is a difference between line appearance and appearance buttons.

---Jeremy

Be sure to check "can intrude" and un-check "can not be intruded" in the telephony tab for each user and be sure you have the lines prefixed with 9 in the line properties. The caveat to this is there will be no privacy on the lines. It can get VERY messy. I would rather use park slots.

If anyone has another way to do this, I would love to hear about it. It has been my experience that the IPO sucks as a key system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back