Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Social Project Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiewarner

Technical User
May 20, 2010
US
I've been hearing a lot of buzz lately about the idea of social project management. The idea is to take social media concepts and apply them in a project management environment. Do you think this is the wave of the future?

I recently attended the @task User Conference in Salt Lake where they announced a new social project management platform called @task Stream. You can go to to see what I'm talking about. I was excited about the announcement and think it has some merit. I'm curious to hear what the rest of you think.

This is very interesting.
We used to work with @Task in my company, but we switched to another product called VisionProject( This product is extremely intuitive and makes it very easy for the users to communicate with each other.
We use it as a project management tool, but also to organize all activities in the company, including sharing documents and thoughts through discussion forums.

I think this new wave of project management using social media has a lot of potential. I’m not sure if it’s the wave of the future, but it’s definitely something that’s worth looking into.

Regards,

Steve Mark

How I Pass the PMP Exam for the PMP Certifiaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back