Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

So secure I cant get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWCSD

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
I have a wireless network setup with Orinoco AP 2000's. The WLAN was in place when I arrived, and is not working since we upgraded our servers and are using a new DHCP server. The AP's are apparently statically configured, so they are not configured for the new settings. Now I cant see the AP's at all. I cannot ping them, or access there webpages to configure them. I have little experience with wireless products, but it seems that I am completely locked out. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know how I can get into these AP's to configure them?

Change your IP address to be on the same subnet as the AP. Connect, make the changes to your new network scheme and let your PC go back to DHCP.

Dan

Thanks for the response, but the computer is already on the same subnet as the AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back