Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNPA 642-523 PIX and ASA Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludoggg

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
I am curious if anyone out there has passed this exam by Cisco. I went to the Cisco Press website and they only have the book for 642-522 exam and I was curious if that will suffice in passing the 642-523 exam.

I pinged Cisco Press and they aren't going to make a hard copy of this book; it will only be in electronic format. Any thoughts on how useful the 642-522 Cisco Press book for the SNPA exam?

kumputirgeek, CHDP, CCNA, Network +

You would have to compare the blueprints to see the difference. I have used older version books to prepare for an exam and passed with flying colors, it just depends if you chose to master the subject matter or merely memorize it.

That's the problem. Cisco's site doesn't offer the 522 exam anymore so I can't do a stare and compare on the tested material.

Nevermind, I found the test criteria for the 522.

Usually when there are minor number changes such as 1 digit there is minimal changes in the exam. When it changes by 10 or 100 I would be more concerned. Usually the Cisco book for the corresponding exam comes out 6 months after the exam is released.

Thanks for the heads up. I just want to get some firewall knowledge under my belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back