Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Traps when catalog backup completes. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smicro

MIS
Dec 26, 2002
US
Is there a way to send an snmp trap when the netbackup catalog completes. Veritas 7 master on aix 5.3. I looked into ops center and it does have snmp traps but I don't see anywhere that you can send it when the catalog backup finishes. Thanks.

Thanks Bob, unfortunately I can't. I have it set up to e-mail our group but the ops manager here is insisting that it go to monitoring software which uses snmp traps. We have the catalog backup running to an external tape drive connected to our master server instead of running the catalog backup to our tape library because we are short on tape drives. Problem with that is someone has to manually change the tape when it finishes and the ops manager won't allow her group to change the tape unless they are getting the alerts through the monitoring software instead of e-mail. Thanks for the info though, I guess I'll keep changing out the tape myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back