Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablonhd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2010
CA
SNMP monitoring on my BCM400 is less than clear. I have download the MIB files from the BMC administrator site, but for a novice like my self I am a little unclear on what to do with them.

Using linux I have attempted to SNMP walk the available values but cannot find any thing that looks like what I am looking for.

I would like to monitor the number of items including :

The number of online IP sets
Active lines

Has anybody been able to determine if this information is available via SNMP?

If you are running under release 4.0 you cannot get this even with the MiBS, i use a solarwind app for SNMP monitoring and aside from reboots, nic up/down, CPU, RAM thats it. In 4.0 there is a whole bunch of stuff you can get, but, you need to turn on the trap for the specific events to be published via snmp via the element manager. Lots of stuff on IP, PRI, system state / health, OA&M stuff to!

Feature ** RLS: The feature code to fix annoying phone calls :)

Using 4.0.2.03

I don't know how to monitor the custom alarms from the alarm settings screen. Is there an OID for each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back