Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Agent and Log File in BC12 SP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciberweb

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
EU
I have a problem with the LOGONXX.DAT file on the MD. It records the Log-Ins and Log-Outs, but the SNMP Agent of the AAU is entering, for example, each 3 minutes for printing alarms (I have 3 minutes configured on the mdconfig.cnf because I need to see the alarms almost in real time), so the file grows up too much (until infinite!). Then, if you want to read it, you need many time until the printout ends. In fact, after enough time, the hard disk (or Compact Flash) can be fulled!! (dangerous situation).

The I/O Log function can't be stopped for Loggins (only for Commands), so... Do you know any automatic solution for it? Something like, for example, stop the I/O logging function or else?

Thx in advance!

The AAU do not have to login to send the alarms as traps. If you have configured ALAPI.

Fredrik

ALAPI never worked with the AAU. If you know how, just let me know...

Note: The port works correctly cause the agent update the MIB and does the ALLOP without problem.

Well I've used ALAPI with out problem there was nothing special about the setup.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back