Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snifferbook Ultra Channel Buffer Size? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfischer

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
DE
Hi Sniffer Folks,

does anybody from the old days of Network General/NAI or now Netscout knows how far we can increase the Channel Buffer Size of a Snifferbook Ultra with GBE/PoS(i know it's EoS/EoL)?

Werner Fischer
SCM / Double-CCIE / JNCIS
look at the frames - bit by bit

or is 512 MB per Channel the maximum Buffer Size?

Werner Fischer

Max Per channel buffer is 256 M in Highspeed Mode.

and why show the SBU 512 MB per Channel. 256 MB is the Datasheet value i found - but there are 4 DIMM Slots for Capture RAM available. Two slots for Channel A and two slots for Channel B.

So the question is what is the maximum of Channel capture buffer supported by the SBU? 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB? How knows?!

Thanks for the fast response :)

Werner Fischer

http://www.fischer-interactive.de/images/sbu-channel-buffer-size-increased.jpg
I don't have the SBU on my hand right now so I have no way to check it. As I remember (Not sure) ,The max buffer per channel is 256M. Even though the SBU has empty DIMM slots ,The network general doesn't support it officially.

I have no idea why it show 512MB prt channel.

Hello wfischer,

Do you still have the RSV modulo for sale ? I have 1 T1 for trade. Also I am looking for module for SnifferBook Ultra.

Do you know if I can use RSV modulo on snifferbook ultra ?

Thanks,
Rilker

Hi rilker,

please send me your contact details that we can maybe go further.

Thanks

Werner Fischer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back