Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwicker

Technical User
May 4, 2003
US
Have been using Sniffer for about 18 months on my WinXP laptop. Have always downloaded the latest Service Packs when they became available. Saw the new SP4 (30Mar 2004) and downloaded and installed per instructions; being careful to use new Sniffer Protocol driver for my Xircom (Sniffer) NIC. My Sniffer program stops every 15 minutes with a dialog box stating 'Sniffer has encountered an error and needs to shut down.' Can open the dialog box and see this: "AppName:sniffer.exe AppVer:4.70.522.0 ModVer:5.1.2600.1240 Offset:003b2c". This has happened five times this morning. This has happened only since installing SP4. Have removed SP4 and re-installed SP3 and have run Sniffer past the fifteen minutes benchmark failure point. Has anyone else had this same problem?

If you know how to use an ebay sniffer and Ufasoft Dialer please contact me i am willing to pay for this information .
mail:nikolai_rasprava@yahoo.com

Update: See if anyone thinks this may be the cause:
After the SP3 installation ran for two days; I started thinking about what could have caused my problems with the re-booting. Item 1) I was already using Sun's Java VM for the gauges; Item 2) I noticed that all three NICs (docking NIC, built-in 3-Com NIC, and Xircom(Sniffer))had the Sniffer protocol driver installed. Just wondering if perhaps I was tripping myself up and the problem I was expernicing was not SP4 related. Another thing: SP4 has a new protocol driver (Sniffer.inf) in the WinXP folder (new location for SP4). I have kept the newest protocol driver for the Sniffer NIC and ensured it is not installed on any other NIC. Does ANY of this make ANY sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back