Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sniffer in windows based

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanchie

Programmer
Jun 8, 2000
MY
as what we know, we have to go to the promiscuous mode first before we can view the network packet but there is no way for me to go to the mentioned mode in windows... <br><br>so, how am i going to capture the packet in wondows based??<br><br>thanks in advanced.

Oh freddled gruntbuggley, try a large fising net

There are several good packet sniffers out their for windows.&nbsp;&nbsp;One that i know of is the buttsniffer from <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> are many others that work on linux and unix machines.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you can grab the source code for these then get a compiler such as djgpp or cygwin at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> to compile it, should give you the ability.As to how specifically&nbsp;&nbsp;you set the network card to promiscous mode you would have to look at the code.<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back