Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNIA Certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FROGGYJ

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
CA
Since there is no forum for this, just wondering if anyone has taken the SNIA certification? If so, could you share some of your experience on it and what helped you gain it, such as reading material, etc..

A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

Yes thanks for the link, but I already knew about the certification...I'm just wondering if anyone has taken it yet to get some personal feedback.

A+,N+,CST,CNCT,MCP

I have taken and passed Level 2. This test is definetly vendor neutral. Make sure you follow the the certification path for the level you are taking.

I have taken a few classes on SAN as well as read numberous books.

Good Luck!!

Hi Comtec17,

Just wondering what resources you used to study for the exam - or was it all experience??

I aching to get ceritified but have had a hard time finding readily avalible resources.

I have read the following along with 4 years in the field experience and different vendor training.

Designing Storage Area Networks, by Tom Clark (Author)
Building Storage Networks, by Marc Farley
Storage Area Networking Essentials: A Complete Guide to Understanding & Implementing SANs, by Richard Barker (Author), Paul Massiglia (Author)

Plus a few more.

I have just this last week been informed of this new test service that has a SNIA Level 2 certication pre-test - there is a demo, and seems to cost 20 quid to do the full test but thats a lot better than paying Prometric 200 quid and failing!

See:
Looks pretty good to me, some of the questions are pretty tough!

Hi
I would like to know what level of knowledge is tested in the SNIA Level 2 exam . I need some URLs and forum memebers email addresses if possible .

In your experience, how close is the pretest to the actual test?

If anything - I would say that the pretest questions are a little more searching than than the actual exam, but in my opinion thats good as it gives a very realistic idea if you are ready to pass the real exam.

Cool. I had been putting off the test, but pretest was a piece of cake. I'll let you know how it turned out in a couple weeks.

So xmsre - did you do the full test - all 155 multiple choice questions? The demo on the website is easier than the full test I can assure you!

Lots of work on primative signals and primitive sequences for level 2

The one book which will easily get you through the certification for level 1 and 2:

Designing Storage Area Networks: A Practical Reference for Implementing Fibre Channel and IP SANs(second edition)
by Tom Clark
ISBN: 0321136500
Publisher: Addison Wesley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back