Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sneak Peak at a number of CM 4.0 features 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunstan

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
US
All of this is subject to change but I thought it might be of interest to many here.

1. IP Endpoint Time-to-Service – improves initialization/registration and periodic registration prosesses.
2. Administrator Profiles – Allows for finer granularity to be applied to each Administrator.
3. Large Boot Time Memory Configurations – Increases capacity. Requires 8720XL and DAL2
4. Dial Plan Transparency – Feature programming similar to IGAR
5. Disable FTP/Telnet services by default.
6. ESS Auto Return – Can be set to automatically fall back instead of manual or scheduled.
7. H323 Trunk Link Bounce – Allows IP Trunk Call to remain active even if the trunk group fails for up to 2 hours. Useful in multi site implementations.
8. Media Gateway IP Trunk PSTN Fall Back
9. Secure Real Time Protocol – Implementation of RFC 3711. Will provide security on both H.323 and SIP.
10. EC500 S-mode and D-mode – Will provide two different modes/RTU. S-mode will be for cellular and D-mode will be for wireless LAN.
11. High Density Trunk Gateway Offer with CM/SIP4.0 Call Center. Allows bringing in DS3/OC3
12. Hardware modifications to both the TN2224 and TN464HP to replace manufacturer discontinued chipsets.
13. EC 500 Interworking with CTI
14. EC 500 Enhanced CLID Support
15. EC500 R2MFC Trunk Support
16. Apollo R3.0 Polycom/SES Interoperability
17. Apollo R3 H323 Enhancements.
18. Apollo R3 Interoperability Gap Analysis Looking at Firewall traversal, H.323-3G Gateways and Radvision 3G-324M Gateway
19. S8300C – NOTE: THIS MAY BE A REQUIREMENT FOR CM4.0 – Increases memory, faster CPU, and additional USB port
20. MIS – 2 pair of MIS links – This is to support the new CCR platform role out. Note: each pair must be on the same release.
21. Vector Comment step
22. Vector Assign ASAI UUI
23. Forced Agent Logout by Clock Time
24. Increased Logged in agents to 7K
25. Increase vector steps to 99
26. Increase total Hunt Group Dynamic Queue slots to 15K
27. Increase VDN variables to 9
28. Increase Vector variables to 104
29. Office Hours Table Routing (similar to Holiday Routing). Will have 99 tables.
30. Duplicate Vector command
Multiple Service Observers

Dunstan,

thanks for the info, that's VERY interesting.

Sounds like a dream come true! Hope it dosen't cost a fortune.

23. Forced Agent Logout by Clock Time === this one has been needed for a long time,

29. Office Hours Table Routing (similar to Holiday Routing). Will have 99 tables. == this one could be interesting to use.

thanks for the info.

99 vector steps, duplicate vector steps, ESS auto return.... all very nice...

Toni269.... I bet it does... you would think everything is gold plated. At least Avaya products work well...

Thanks for the information Dunstan.

Wildcard

So when CM 4.0 due to be released? I wonder how much upgrading is going to cost compared to CM 3.1.

Jim

telcomwork,

february 2007, as i can guess.

Stinney,

Thanks for the link! any chance the What's New for the CM 4.0 is up there as well?

>mike

ACA ; ACS

I was looking all over for it, no luck so far.

Pricing, delivery and what's new should all currently be available from your rep or business partner.

Interesting to note that many of the enhancements are not available unless you have an 8720 server. And if you have an 8700 or 8710 you will have to upgrade your memory to upgrade to 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back