Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapview & Admsnap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jafo45

MIS
Apr 14, 2004
US
I'm new to the EMC SAN enviorment. Could anyone answer this question? In order to backup a LUN, I would need Snapview to create my clone. Do I also need to use Admsnap utility as well to perform a backup. If so, what does this utility do that Snapview cannot.

Thanks
Wayne

Hello all I finally got the script working outside of Backup Exec. My clone gets fractured and then I can re-sync it. but.... can anyone tell me why I can not get the script to execute with Backup Exec itself (pre job commmand). I get an error 5 "Access is denied" I can run this script in Backup Exec on another job but cannot on the job I created to backup my LUN. I'm backing up a Lun that is attaced to a UNIX box. Unix agents are installed on backup exec and my box is listed there. When I create my job for that selection the scripts donot execute. Also there is not Logon Account listed in the Resource Credentials (nor can I add one)in backup exec.

Wayne

I get an error 5 "Access is denied"...
...I'm backing up a Lun that is attaced to a UNIX box

does the server have permissions on the clariion in order to execute snapview commands? (or administration commands)

probably not. take a look to that with navispere.

Thanks for all the information in this thread.. I needed to backup reciently implamented clones on our san with backup exec. What would have been a pain in the but,was a simple task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back