Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapshot viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSMike

Programmer
Feb 7, 2001
US
I am trying to export a report in Snapshot format, and it does nothing.
I have a similar report, based on the same data, that is 5 pages long, and that works fine. The problem one is 8 pages, and the export message says, "...Page 1..." and then quickly disappears, the export command obvioulsy having done nothing.
I read where this means you need more free disk space, but I have over 2 gigs free.
Any suggestions?
Thank you for your help.
GSMike

Hello GSMike
I'm having exactly the same problem exporting to a Snapshot. It works fine on my reports without images, but including them, it doesn't get further than page 1.
Have you by any chance come up with a solution yet?!

Regards,
Fiona

Hi Fiona,
No.
I have one report that it works great on, another that it goes to page 2, and that's it.
The first report is 10 pages, the second 11, so I was thinking it reached some kind of threshhold that was beyond the resource managing capability of Snapshot. But then I created a 209-page report and it worked fine on that. So then I took the report that there is a problem with and recreated it (by creating a new report and copying all the objects over to the new) and it still didn't work. Incidentally, between the report that it works well on, and the repor that it doesn't work at all, the two reports are almost identical.
So I am stumped. I have PC Helps working on it, but I am not hopeful.
You said you identified one snag as being images. My troubled report has none.
If I find out anything, I'll let you know.
-Mike

Hello Mike,
After much searching on the Internet, it seems that Access 97 only lets you export about 1MB of data on each page of the snapshot. I cut down from 5 to 2 images per page and it worked - but not a lot of use to me.
Now printing to pdf writer (download at ctrlp.com) instead - so far, so good!
Regards,
Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back