Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server Setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrconsultant

Technical User
Jul 23, 2006
US
I recently purchased a used snap server (snap server 4100), but don't have the snap assist CD to setup on my network, as described to follow on manufacture's website. Any suggestions of how to get a copy or alternative to setup, since manufacturer doesn't support anymore?

Are you using DHCP? If so, look at the dhcp manger and find out what your ip address is. Then go to and login.

IF that does not work, I can get you a copy of assist.

Yes, I am using DHCP. Last night I did get a copy of assist from someone else and got three of my five servers to work with it. I don't know what version it is, I assume the standard one that comes with these when you purchase them. I also have two 4000's, one that I can't seem to get to reset or this version of assist to see it. The other won't power up at all, so I assume the power supply has gone out. Is it a major deal to find a replacement power supply? Any suggestions of how to get the one that powers up to reset or to be seen by assist? Thanks.

Sorry, I sure don't. I will see if I can find anything out.

I am unable to get to mine via http, could a get a copy of the program? I'm just stuck in limbo.
Thanks in advance for any help,

engrconsultant: About the power supply, the best bet is to talk to support. the problem is that the SnapOS servers are older and parts are very hard to come by.

TekMan06: email me at clonnymisc@gmail.com

I'm new to this forum - looks like there's serious depth of knowledge here.

I have a Snap 1000 that my PC (Win XP Pro) can'r "see". I don't have a copy of the Snap assist software and can't obtain it from Adaptec.

I see from this thread that this is a common problem. Can anyone point me to where I can obtain a copy? Thanks, JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back