Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Server 4500 issues joining Win 2003 domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottWood

Technical User
May 31, 2001
GB
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help im having issues trying to join a snap 4500 to a windows 2003 domain, there are no issues joining machines to the domain just thist snap server. The first error i recieve when joining to the domain is:

Membership in the new domain could not be confirmed- please try again.

This however does create the computer account in AD, but it does not show any winows accounts or groups on the snap.

When I check the error logs I find these two messages:
HOFS01$@ password: Join to domain is not valid

Execute script: /usr/local/samba/bin/confirm_join.sh

Now I know the account im using to try and join the snap to the domain is correct, any help would be greatly appreciated, also if there is any more information needed let me know.

Thanks in advance

-Scott

Are you joining as the Domain Administrator or another user?

IF you can, join as the Domain Administrator and see if you get the same error or any error?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yeah im using the Domain Administrator account, I have got in contact with Adaptec again as they told me this unit would not need an upgrade to join a Win2k3 domain, and now they are telling me it does!!

Thanks

What version of the OS are you running? Login to the webui and click the graphic on the top left of the webui.

I'm having this same issue with my SNAP server 4500, Guardian O/S 4.2.054 SP3.
We setup this server last year when we where on an NT Domain, since then we've gone to Native 2003 Active Directory. Never bothered to try & change domain settings on this SNAP server until last week. We've been experiencing permission issues - when adding an existing user to a group w/access to shares on SNAP server, it's not updating - User unable to access share\files.

Tried authenticating with AD using 'Administrator' account, failed, tried other Domain Admin accounts all failed. Today created a new account in ADUC 'admin' (same account used to access SNAP server manager)will try later tonight to see if this will resolve issue in joining AD domain.

Get back to you on results.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with this?

I have two 4500s. Last year I was able to join one to an 2K3 AD domain with no problems. The other I was trying to join over a WAN and was never able to get it joined. There were no blocks at the firewalls but the distance is great.

I contacted Adaptec and upgraded to the latest Guardian OS (can't remember the exact release) and worked with their techs. Their tier 4 technicians tried everything and still couldn't get it joined. We came to the conclusion that the DC was not responding in time to complete the task. I decided to stop trying at this point thinking that even if we could get it joined the AD polling that the SNAP server does may be problematic afterward.

I did see the same results as ScottWood at the time. The computer account would get created but AD information was never retrieved. I got the same errors in my logs.

I'm ready to try again with the problem SNAP as I recently installed a local DC. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back