Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

snagit and Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoddman1

Technical User
Mar 13, 2006
US
Hello, I am looking for anyone who is familiar with the Snagit progaram. I have tutorial site and I use snagit to capture images as needed. Whenever I capture an image and try to resize it (up or down) it looks awful. Most of the time I don't need to resize but sometimes the pics are too big for my page layout. Does anyone know of a good way to do this? I know I am spouting off about snagit and this is a photoshop forum, but I use photoshop to resize all my images. Any help here is appreciated.

Thanks

Snagit lets you Image > scale > resize image (with or without maintaining aspect ratio) but it doesn't seem to have any good enlargement algorythms.

Have you tried it?

That seems to do the same thing. I could see this being a problem with making the image bigger, but I wouldn't think that the image would degrade when resizing to a smaller size.

I never liked SnagIt, so I use Irfanview for this purpose, and it is free.

Irfanview will upsize an image and keep it kind of pretty, unless you go far, but I agree with Zoddman, if you're making it smaller, and SnagIt is making uglier at the same time, you're not doing it right, or SnagIt just stinks.

Irfanview doesn't stink, and does a heck of a lot more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back