Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNA LU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
CA
Hi everyone!

I have a problem with the LU definition. We use tuxedo as our middleware that connects to a mainframe. Before we had C/S for 5.0.2 and our server keep on hanging. So we decided to upgrade it to 5.0.4. I have installed the latest patches for the said sna version. The sna is already in active mode but two of our LUs are inactive. The other two are operational. We did not change any configuration but how come we had encounter a problem. I have attached here the last portion of sna.err, you might be able to help me find a solution.

Here is a portion of sna.err:

The total session count has exceeded the licensed session limit.
Limit = 1
Current total session count = 20
16:08:06 TAIST 18 Jun 2004 1-28(1-10) E (andres)
The total session count has exceeded the licensed session limit.
Limit = 1
Current total session count = 21

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
aaronkeith

Ok ... since nobody answered, I might as well
This is old stuff ... probably not supported anymore ...

Your error message indicates that there are 21 session active and 1 licence ... I think this is only a warning ... the real problem is elsewhere ... for the time beeing try and fix the licences for the number of sessions ... I think there was a command
'sna setsessionlimit' ... with or without the 'sna' in front ... but I am not sure of the syntax. look it up on your system.

Whith the warning cleared there might be an clear message in the error log ...

Hope this helps.

hi bimux!

sorry it took me sometime to thank you for the reply. We have resolve the problem after a week.

Thanks,
aaronkeith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back