Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNA 4 and Windows 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfyre

MIS
Mar 14, 2005
US
Hi, we are currently running SNA 4 on Windows 2000 and have approx 3000 users, 3270 and TN3270 combined. I have been tasked with moving SNA to Windows 2003 and then move to HIS 2000 SP1.
After some research I concluded that I should move all the SNA 4 servers to Windows 2003 and then do an in place upgrade to HIS 2000 for each server.
Now that you partially have the enviroment, the first test failed. I succesfully moved SNA 4 Server to Windows 2003, but after the server was online for a night, I noticed that I was encountering application warnings in the event viewer. The TN3270 sessions were exceeding the License limit. Every 30 seconds or so the warnings continued...also the 3270 connections showed as exceeding the 8000 License limit. This was keeping any further connections from establishing. During the hours I received this the usage on our server was low. I only saw 3 or 4 INsession accounts.
Does anyone know any known problems with SNA 4 SP4 and Windows 2003? What settings should I focus on?

OK I see there are incompatability issues with SNA 4 and Windows 2003... I have only one fail over machine and need the easiest way to convert to HIS on a new operating system with minimum customer down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back