Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP_E_TCPSOCKET_OPEN(2) error when emailing scheduled reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkc

MIS
May 2, 2001
US
Using Crystal Enterprise 9.0 Professional.
I have been scheduling and emailing out several crystal reports using crystal enterprise for the last year. Last week while I was on vacation the reports stopped emailing. I looked at the history and am receiving the smtp_e_tcpsocket_open(2) error. Nothing has changed on the email server or on crystal enterprise, one day the reports worked and the next they stopped. I can successfully telnet to the email server from the crystal enterprise application server on the port specified in crystal enterprise. I have tried deleting and rescheduling reports, restarting the mail and crystal enterprise servers, etc. I have read the Crystal Enterprise "How to configure CE to use SMTP", I have searched the BO website and can not find a solution. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks

Deb Chard
ILX Lightwave Corporation

Hi,
Were any things like rights, etc changed in your postoffice or Mail handler while you were away - like enforcing IP address validity or domain existance?
Can you use a command line mailer( like postie, for instance) from the CE server using the same info as CE's SMTP service is configured to use?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Nothing happened to any server while I was away because I am the systems administrator in a 1 IT person company. I do not have a command line mailer to test with, but as I said I can telnet to port 25 from the server and then send an email message in that fashion.

Deb

Hi,
Can you do it using the OS account that the CE servers run under?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

If your still in trouble you should also check your anti virus software to ensure that there is no restriction on port 25. Just sorted out the same error here by adding the jobserverchild.exe in an exception list of process's

You may not have made a change but it could have been as part of a Anti Virus update to stop mass mailer worms

Crystal Reports 9
Crystal Enterprise 10
Oracle 8.1 (ODBC and native Oracle connection depending on database)
Windows 2000 (Both Desktop and Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back