Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smtp virtual server taking down internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfieldz

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
I installed a new SBS 2003 server into an existing 2000 AD domain. Everything is working great except this. We have a 256 DSL connection to the internet. Ever since I setup the Exchange part of SBS our internet has come to a screeching halt. I figured out that when I stop the default SMTP virtual server, out internet is back to normal speed. But when I start the SMTP virtual server our internet is basically down. I looked in the queues and there is between 0-5 messages going out at any given time. I have checked to make sure that I am not relaying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew Stowe
MCSE,CCNA,CCA
If all else fail, reboot.

Your exchnage server is flooding the DSL line at it's max 256k which will kill most DSL lines, you need to setup QOS on your router to slow down the smtp traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back