Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smtp virtual server not sending mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodriguezv

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi guys!

I'm having a problem with the virtual smtp server from exchange 2003. I'm able to receive email from other domains with no problem. When sending email from my organization the virtual server is not able to send. It seems to stay on the que for 12 hours then i'll get an auto reply from the system telling me that the email is delayed.

Here's a sample of the error:
----------------------------------------------

Reporting-MTA: dns;hostxyz.xyz.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;xyz@xyz.com
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:12:24 -0400
X-Display-Name: 'xyz@xyz.com'

------------------------------------------------

My setup is simple, i have one domain controller and i'm using that same server as an email server. The server is behind a firewall with ports 110,25 and 53 open for smtp and dns traffic. It was working before now it's all screwed up. LOL! I think this happened when I was trying to close the relay for spam intruders. Has anyone gotten this problem before? How do did you solve it?

I had that same problem but what was wrong is that my smpt services was not started in the services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back