Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP setup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCHelpDesk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2009
US
I have installed SMTP on my Windows 2003 Server. I have it setup to with IP Address “(All Unassigned)”, Access control as Anonymous Access, Relay Restrictions as Only the list below, and I have my entire LAN IP range set there.

I am trying to test using the telnet method that is documented so well on the web (example: But when I get to the mail from: myaddress@domain.com I get error “550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for” and my email address.

I am not running an exchange server in my network but I was told that I didn’t need to be and could use the SMTP service to just relay emails for my monitoring services.

Can anyone please help me figure out what I have to do to get this SMTP working and sending/relaying emails out?

Thanks so much for any help you can supply!

Nevermind, I had my Relay Restrictions set as my IP Range, 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255, but it wanted the IP Range and Subnet setting.. 192.168.1.1 (255.255.255.0). I changed this and my emails starting going through. Hopefully someone will come across this and find it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back