Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smtp service for iis isn't forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeKpHrEaK

Programmer
Jan 13, 2000
US
Visit site
on our corporate site i have a form that a user can fill out, and when they click on send an asp file is executed. i have the smtp service installed for iis, but it is not sending to the address specified in the asp, rather it is storing it in the queue folder the mailroot directory. i am still learning iis and i think i have everything configured the way i should, but then again i could be wrong. thank you in advance for help

Check the front page ini file<br>frontpg.ini<br>Two entries you need for the front page extensions to work.<br><br>SMTPHost=servername:port<br>MailSender=<A HREF="mailto:from@emailserver.com">from@emailserver.com</A><br><br>Try it!<br><br>Worked for me and it took me a while to figure it out.<br><br>Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back