Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smtp relaying configuration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

matcom

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
ok. first of all, i am not an IT admin (programmer) but because he is performing a network upgrade this week, i'm it. :D

anyway, our smtp is being relayed off of big time. our web box is seperate from the rest of the network and our email is being handled by an Exchange server.

i HAVE to run smtp on the web server to accomodate asp forms. when i finally found the properties for the default SMTP server, we are allowing relaying ONLY from a few IP's.

my question is (and i THINK this is our problem) that each one of our web sites has its own IP and ALL of those IP's are allowing relaying.

first of all, is this NECESSARY and IS THIS THE CAUSE of the relaying? can i delete these IP's from SMTP relaying without affecting anything and will this SOLVE our relaying problem?

thank you TONS

Hi,

the ip you delete it will not be allowed to relay.

[]'s
Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back