Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Relay - Set IMS to delivery to mutiple hosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

my55tec

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
This is what we have...Exchange Org, many sites, 1 Server with Internet Mail Service installed. This 1 SMTP server receives mail from another internal relay host(XX5), which is 3rd party software used for content filtering. XX5 is connected to the internet, sends and receives all internet mail. The Exchange IMS is setup to "forward all mail to host" and XX5 relay host is placed here.

For redundancy...we are placing another relay host, exactly like XX5, in another location...call this XX88. I have no problem setting up XX88 to receive mail from the internet and relay it to the Exchange IMS Server. The problem is setting up the Exchange IMS Server to relay to both of the servers. I would like the Exchange IMS Server to first relay all outbound mail to XX5 if it's available...if XX5 is not available, then all outbound mail should go to XX88 and then out to the internet.

On Routing Tab...this is setup for "Do not relay incoming mail", want to leave this as is, it's not a problem.

Any suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Has no one else tried something like this? This is a two-folder redudancy fix...1 for the server, and 1 for T1 for Internet access as this is separate for 2nd server.

I have searched everywhere and can not find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back