Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Queue Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDreams

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2002
US
Under my SMTP Queue I seem to have several new folders which have appeared in the last few days. These folders have no messages in them and I do not recognize the addresses. Most of these folders say "Unable to deliver the message because the destination address was misconfigured as a mail loop". These new folders are always retrying and haven't gone away on their own.

I would like to know if someone can explain to me why these folders are there (mostly since there are no messages in them) and how to remove them (or prevent them in the future). Are these folders created by people attempting to route mail through our Exchange Server?

I am not an expert at Exchange so any explanation and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anyone have any idea how to sort this. After installing/uninstalling GFI Mailsecurity on my exchange 2k box I'm unable to receive inbound email to my domain. Outbound is fine though. grrrrrr help?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back