Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP - outgoing mails are not deleivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

selani

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
IN
Hi all,

I have the foll scenario:
There is an ASP page that sends mails to Specific ID,say x@x.com. The page is hosted in a local IIS server.

I am trying to config the default SMTP server so that it connects to a Lotus notes server to fwd the mail.But things are not working.
I created a remote domain for x.com and configured its route to the IP add of the notes server.
In the delivery tab, the the smart host is set to the IP add of the notes server.

I guess i am going wrong in the config part.
Can anybody help me?

Where are your sent mails now?
In \inetpub\mailroot\badmail (- config problem)
or \inetpub\queue

Somethimes is good to restart the IIS services
Are you using cdonts or other ..

Hi,

Thank you for responding.It was configuration problem.
The mail server was not accepting connections from our SMTP server. The restriction was imposed on the mail server for security reasons.after altering, now things are fine.

I just hv one more doubt.
Is it necessary to create one remote domain for each domian for which the outgoining maols are likely to be sent...in the sense, one remote domain for yahoo.con, one more for rediffmail.com etc.

you do not need to set up a remote domain as long as the server you are sending to can use dns to route the messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back